Tag: 上海贵族宝贝419

RSF congratulates Peter Mackler Award’s Montenegrin recipient

first_img Jovo Martinovic /DR to go further “By singling out Jovo Martinovic, the Peter Mackler Award is paying tribute to the courage and commitment of a journalist who has paid a high price for his devotion to the freedom to inform in Montenegro,” said Pauline Adès-Mével, the head of RSF’s EU-Balkans desk. He has always denied the charge, insisting that his contacts with criminal circles were motivated solely by the desire to gather information for his reporting. At the time of his arrest, he was working on a story about the “Pink Panthers,” an international ring of jewel thieves, many of whom were from the former Yugoslavia. The delay will be further prolonged by a decision that all of the trial’s documents and all written records of the proceedings so far will have to be translated into Albanian because the new additional defendant is of Albanian origin, although he speaks Serbo-Croatian. The court authorities in Podgorica took this decision just a few days before the Peter Mackler Award ceremony. News Reporters Without Borders (RSF) congratulates Montenegrin investigative journalist JovoMartinovic on winning the 2018 Peter Mackler Award for Courageous and EthicalJournalism, which a colleague will collect on his behalf at a ceremony today in New York. Respect judicial independence in cases of two leading journalists in Serbia and Montenegro, RSF says News June 7, 2021 Find out more Organisation His arrest in Montenegro three years ago, on 22 October 2015, on a charge of belonging to a trafficking ring, was immediately condemned by RSF and other international NGOs, including Human Rights Watch and the Committee to Protect Journalists. News Help by sharing this information After being held for nearly 15 months, Martinovic was finally released provisionally in January 2017 but he still faces up to ten years in prison if convicted. September 27, 2018 RSF congratulates Peter Mackler Award’s Montenegrin recipient MontenegroEurope – Central Asia Protecting journalistsEvents CorruptionOrganized crimeImprisonedJudicial harassment Montenegro : RSF and other leading press freedom organisations condemn the continued judicial persecution of Jovo Martinović Aged 44, Martinovic has worked for many leading international media outlets, including The Economist, The Financial Times, the BBC, the US public radio broadcaster NPR and the French TV channel Canal Plus. RSF_en News MontenegroEurope – Central Asia Protecting journalistsEvents CorruptionOrganized crimeImprisonedJudicial harassment Martinovic meanwhile continues to be subject to judicial control and is unable to leave the country because the authorities are holding his passport. “Despite tremendous difficulties, many investigative journalists keep battling every day to establish the truth in the Balkans. This award sends a powerful message of hope to the region’s journalistic community.” Martinovic cannot attend the ceremony because he is banned from leaving Montenegro, where he is currently being tried on spurious charges prompted by his investigative reporting on organized crime, trafficking and corruption. Follow the news on Montenegro Receive email alerts March 30, 2021 Find out more He trial was originally due to conclude on 24 September, but the judicial authorities suddenly decided a few weeks ago to combine his case with that of another defendant who is on the run and is being tried in absentia. This will have the effect of delaying the end of Martinovic’s trial for an undetermined period. Forum on Information and Democracy 250 recommendations on how to stop “infodemics” November 11, 2020 Find out morelast_img read more

Read More
Estate agents protest as Rightmove discounted fees period ends

first_imgHome » News » Marketing » Estate agents protest as Rightmove discounted fees period ends previous nextMarketingEstate agents protest as Rightmove discounted fees period endsMany businesses claim they still need time to recover their revenue pipeline, particularly in local lockdown areas, before fees go up again.Nigel Lewis5th October 20207 Comments2,375 Views Rightmove is sending out invoices to thousands of agents at full fee as its Covid discount deals begin to lapse but many agents have taken to social media over the weekend to complain.The portal introduced its revised discounted fees structure in early March and then extended it in May.This originally offered its customers a deferred and slowly diminishing discounted fees structure, which after protests was switched to a blanket 75% reduction until October 1st.But these deals have now ended and one of the unhappy customers is Sam Watterson, who says his fees increased significantly overnight.“Rightmove just tried to double my fees and put me on a geographical membership; I’ve cancelled my direct debit and told them to stick it,” he says.Watterson says he’s now the only agent not on Rightmove in his town but he doesn’t care “because I do a lot better than them”.LockdownAnd another agent says his pre-Covid fees have returned despite “nearly all of South Wales back in lockdown”.North London agent Murray Lee, who is one of the people behind recent attempts to persuade Rightmove to permanently drop its fees, says: “They didn’t listen when we told them they had to be attentive to our pleas.“Not a word. Hence I and many – although not enough – handed in our notice head of 1st October knowing full well our fees would return to normal, and one local colleague has had a 10.75% increase as his contract renewed on that date.”Sam watterson Murray Lee Rightmove October 5, 2020Nigel Lewis7 commentsKelvin Francis, Kelvin Francis Ltd. Kelvin Francis Ltd. 10th October 2020 at 12:18 pmIf Rightmove don’t respond to any of the reasoned appeals, that completions and therefore recovering income, is still weeks away, then it is a clear sign of their future intentions. That will be keep their head down and wait that the furore to go away and then revert to a regime of increasing subscriptions, firstly to recover their revenue losses and then to satisfy and please their shareholders. (many of which are the big Corporates) If you are expecting any other outcome, don’t hold your breath!Log in to ReplyKristjan Byfield, base property specialists ltd base property specialists ltd 5th October 2020 at 1:25 pmSome agents MIGHT take this on the chin with the sales market buzzing in many areas but once SDLT holiday comes to an end things will shift and 2021 will see us face the real impact of covid. Another open goal to have met agents halfway- but they don’t like open goals.Log in to ReplyMurray Lee, Dreamview Estates Dreamview Estates 5th October 2020 at 11:47 amAt least 1 more agent Im aware of resigned from 1/10Log in to ReplyMurray Lee, Dreamview Estates Dreamview Estates 5th October 2020 at 12:35 pmHold the pressMake that 2 more…..Just been advised of anotherFrom little acorns etc..Log in to ReplyWarren Sanders, Sanders&Sanders Sanders&Sanders 5th October 2020 at 10:16 amWe had what you called ‘balls’ and left five months ago when everybody moaning now should of but did not.Best thing apart from having children and getting divorced that I ever did 🙂Log in to ReplyJulian Blackmore, BNE BNE 5th October 2020 at 9:20 amI emailed them about the fee hike and asked why they are so out of sync with reality and didn’t understand their own customer’s pipeline – it takes 3 -4 months to bank… no response, accept that “good news”, we have another account manager – for this week oh and an invoice.Log in to ReplyAndrew Stanton, CEO Proptech-PR Real Estate Influencer & Journalist CEO Proptech-PR Real Estate Influencer & Journalist 5th October 2020 at 8:53 amRightmove is silent, the agents have remained vocal, October will see which of these strategies turns out to be the winner. Perceived indifference has always been the achilles heel of many big businesses.For a business which once launched the ‘Find your happy’ charm offensive – take it from me an awful lot of agents are very unhappy.Log in to ReplyWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Hong Kong remains most expensive city to rent with London in 4th place30th April 2021last_img read more

Read More
China, in Renewable Energy Push, Has Emission Targets in Sight

first_imgChina, in Renewable Energy Push, Has Emission Targets in Sight FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Andy Coghlan for New Scientist:China is surging ahead in switching to renewables and away from coal in what its officials say will allow it to surpass its carbon emissions targets.The country’s solar and wind energy capacity soared last year by 74 and 34 per cent respectively compared with 2014, according to figures issued by China’s National Bureau of Statistics yesterday.Meanwhile, its consumption of coal – the dirtiest of the fossil fuels – dropped by 3.7 per cent, with imports down by a substantial 30 per cent.The figures back up claims last month in Hong Kong by Xie Zhenhua, China’s lead negotiator at at the UN climate talks in Paris last December, that the country will “far surpass” its 2020 target to reduce carbon emissions per unit of national wealth (GDP) by 40 to 45 per cent from 2005 levels.Since China emits nearly a third of the world’s carbon dioxide, which is heating up the planet, this could make a major contribution to holding back temperature increases to the 2 °C degree maximum global target agreed by governments last December in Paris.“The latest figures confirm China’s record-breaking shift toward renewable power and away from coal,” says Tim Buckley of the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis, an energy consultancy in Cleveland, Ohio.“China’s official 2015 wind installations are an all-time global record of 32.5 gigawatts,” says Buckley. “China itself is the only nation to have come anywhere near this, delivering 20.7 gigawatts of new wind capacity in 2014.”The latest figures state that “clean energy” – a combination of hydro, wind, solar, nuclear and natural gas – now accounts for 18 per cent of all its energy, up from 13 per cent in 2011.“We’re now at the point where these technologies can compete head-to-head with gas and coal on price, meaning that this growth is only going to accelerate,” says Maf Smith, deputy chief executive of RenewableUK, representing the UK’s wind and wave power producers. “The UK alone has increased the amount it generates from wind power from 1 to 11 per cent in a decade.”“It’s a really positive signal, a perfect example of an emerging economy trying to shift the way it develops,” says Ranping Song of the World Resources Institute think tank in Washington DC.China is due to issue its next five-year economic plan this month. “So it’s a perfect time to see how serious they are about tackling emissions,” Song says.Despite renewables gains, coal still provides almost two-thirds of China’s power consumption. But the dip in coal consumption over the past two years – which equals an entire year’s coal consumption in Japan – suggests that China may now have reached “peak coal”. “China’s market for coal consumption has started to become saturated, and should gradually decline,” Xie said in Hong Kong.China set to surpass its climate targets as renewables soarlast_img read more

Read More
Independence Day Champions League Drama Excites Fans At Heineken House

first_imgAfter the day’s earlier downpour, the Heineken House was a beehive of activities welcoming fans across the different clubs in action as well as neutrals just in for a good time.While there was a lot to savour in terms of the soccer artistry on display across the different football games for the night, there was also plenty to eat and drink at the Heineken House as it was another carnival-like atmosphere spiced up with the very best of music.There were also giveaways for fans whose knowledge of Heineken and the round leather game were put to the test.A cross-section of fans at the Heineken House on Tuesday thanked the unique quality brand for making football viewing experience more enjoyable than ever before.With a host of the clubs featuring in the group stage parading huge Nigerian followership, all visitors to the Heineken House and consumers alike are in for exciting moments as all the remaining matches all through to the final match will be beamed live.This season’s final will be the first staged in Turkey since Liverpool’s remarkable 2005 triumph against AC Milan; it is scheduled to hold at the Atatürk Olimpiyat Stadıum in Istanbul.Every year, Heineken has rewarded Nigerian fans with a once-in-a-lifetime trip to watch the UEFA Champions League finals, live in Europe.Meanwhile, Super Eagles new forward, Emmanuel Dennis scored a fortuitous double against Real Madrid to earn Club Brugge a 2-2 draw at Santiago Bernabeu.The 21-year-old Dennis – the Club Bruges striker trolled the 13-time European champions for the full 71 minutes he was on the pitch.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram *Super Eagles Emmanuel Dennis scores twice as Brugge hold Real MadridAs the country marked her 59th Independence Anniversary yesterday, it was a double celebration for fans who thronged the Heineken House, Ikoyi to enjoy another set of exciting UEFA Champions League football action.International premium brand, Heineken with its new ‘Better Together’ campaign is keeping true to its promise to give passionate fans and their loyal consumers alike a royal and unique viewing experience all through this Champions League season and beyond.last_img read more

Read More