Tag: 上海私人楼凤qq

Home of Region 2 RDC official burglarised

first_imgThe house of the personnel officer attached to the Regional Democratic Council (RDC) of Region Two (Pomeroon-Supenaam) was over the weekend burglarised, with several items taken including groceries.The house with several pieces of clothes scattered aroundBased on information received, Tageanindra Kishore retired to bed on Friday evening and when she woke up the following morning he observed that his house was ransacked.The woman told Guyana Times that she and her 10-year-old daughter looked at television late on Friday night after which they both retired to bed. The next morning, she first noticed that a chair was moved from its original position and upon closer inspection, she saw clothes on the floor.The vegetables and fruits from the refrigerator were missing as well as other groceries and other items from the kitchen. Her wristwatches and a small amount of cash that she kept in her purse were also missing.The ransacked cupboardHer home was previously broken into while she and her daughter were on vacation in Florida last August. As such, she does not keep much money or jewellery at home. At this time, she does not have a suspect in mind, but is of the view that the high unemployment rate might be a contributing factor for the increase in home invasions of late.The Police were contacted, and an investigation was launched. No arrests were made.last_img read more

Read More
Peak home-selling season off to slow start

first_imgDALLAS – The peak spring home-selling season is off to a slow start, builder D.R. Horton Inc. said Tuesday, another sign that bad times in the housing market may last longer than expected. Horton, the nation’s largest homebuilder by deliveries, said Tuesday that its sales order in the most recent quarter fell 37 percent, led by even steeper declines in California and the Southwest. The grim report trumped recent indications that sales of homes, especially existing houses, had been improving. “It appeared demand had stabilized, but this throws that into question,” said Bernard Markstein, an economist for the National Association of Home Builders. Horton and other builders have been forced to throw in incentives to generate sales. They have also reduced the number of homes under construction, dumped lots and backed out of options for new land. Shares of Horton were traded down 34 cents or, 1.54 percent, to close at $21.70 Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange. They have traded in a 52-week range of $19.52 to $35. Experts said some of the factors that overheated housing markets in the past several years – especially easy financing for buyers with marginal credit and growing use of zero-down loans to afford pricey houses – were coming back to haunt builders. People who bought homes at low teaser interest rates are now seeing their monthly payments soar. Many of them can’t afford the new payments nor can they refinance under today’s tougher underwriting standards. “These people are now putting those homes back on the market. Most of them are nearly new homes, and they’re competing with the builders,” said Bruce Norris, a longtime real estate investor in Riverside. “This is not a solvable problem anytime soon,” Norris said. “It’s going to run its course,” which he predicted won’t be over until 2010. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Horton’s founder and chairman, Donald R. Horton, said that conditions for selling homes “continue to be challenging in most of our markets,” as the supply of unsold new and existing homes remained high. “We continue to sell more homes than any other builder, even though the spring selling season has not gotten off to its usual strong start,” he said. The Fort Worth-based company said net sales orders for the quarter ended March 31 totaled 9,983 homes, down from 15,771 a year ago. The value of the orders dropped 40 percent, to $2.6 billion from $4.4 billion a year ago. The decline in orders was sharpest in California, plunging 59 percent to 1,107 from 2,697 a year earlier. Orders in the Southwest fell 39 percent. The smallest decline: 21 percent in the Northeast. The weak quarter followed a 23 percent drop in orders during the last three months of 2006. last_img read more

Read More
Former Manchester City striker could be set for Premier League return

first_imgMarseille want to sign former Manchester City striker Alvaro Negredo – but fear interest from the Premier League may scupper their plans.The 30-year-old joined Valencia on a permanent basis in the summer as part of a pre-arranged loan-to-buy deal with City back in 2014.Even though he struggled to recreate his best form at the Spanish club, they were forced to buy him outright for a fee reported to be around £19m in July.But he could be set to leave as early as January having scored just once in five La Liga outings so far this term.And, according to reports in France, Marseille are currently exploring the possibility of completing a deal to land him when the transfer window opens.However, it has been suggested that the Ligue 1 club are wary of interest from within the Premier League, with three unnamed clubs vying to bring him back to England.Negredo looked set to be a huge hit at City when they signed him from Sevilla for £20m in July 2013.He hit 23 goals in his first 33 City games, with the last of those goals coming on January 21 2014, but then failed to notch again.So City moved him on to Valencia, initially on loan, before selling him permanently this summer – but he could be on the move again. 1 Alvaro Negredo last_img read more

Read More