Tag: 上海夜网MT

Spain great Casillas confronting twilight at Porto

first_img0Shares0000Iker Casillas won the Champions League with Real Madrid in 2000, 2002 and 2014 © AFP / FRANCISCO LEONGLISBON, Portugal, Feb 13 – From a king of Europe in Madrid to the substitutes’ bench with Porto, it’s been a rocky transition for three-time Champions League winner Iker Casillas following his departure from boyhood club Real in 2015.“San Iker”, the captain of Spain’s World Cup-winning side in 2010 and of back-to-back European Championship triumphs, now finds himself Porto’s back-up ahead of Wednesday’s last-16 clash against Liverpool. Casillas, who made his Champions League debut as a tender 18-year-old in 1999, holds the competition record with 170 appearances spread over a remarkable 19 seasons. But an apparent lack of application in training prompted his coach to replace Casillas, who is now 36, as Porto’s first-choice goalkeeper.While away to RB Leipzig during the group stage in mid-October, Porto boss Sergio Conceicao dropped the veteran Spaniard — a European champion with Real in 2000, 2002 and 2014 — in favour of 25-year-old Portuguese deputy Jose Sa.While the baptism of fire did Sa few favours as Porto slid to a 3-2 defeat in Germany, it symbolised the passing of the torch as Sa went on to establish himself in the club’s number one jersey.The change to the hierarchy led former Portugal international Conceicao to clarify the situation during a press conference, where he pointed the finger at Casillas for a lack of drive and energy during the team’s daily training sessions.“With Iker, it’s not a disciplinary problem. I demand all of my players to always be at 100 percent at training and I can’t close my eyes to the fortnight of training that didn’t meet my demands. Iker understood it,” Conceicao explained.– Casillas stays positive –Far from engaging in a stand-off with his coach, as he did during Jose Mourinho’s tenure at Real, Casillas doubled down and ruled out any move away from the club in January.“Everyone drops to the bench one day, there are not only 11 players. I like to train, push myself and fight for a starting place,” the Madrid-born Casillas said in December.While there is no guarantee the Spaniard will regain the first-choice role at Porto, he can at least draw some comfort from a series of promising run-outs in the two domestic cup competitions.Casillas was unable to prevent Porto’s penalty-shootout defeat to Sporting in the League Cup last month, but he gave an assured display to help secure a 1-0 advantage over the Lisbon outfit in the semi-finals of the Portuguese Cup a week ago.That match marked the 100th in Porto colours for Casillas, and demonstrated the 36-year-old still has the ability required to shine at the top level.Back in Conceicao’s good graces, the Porto coach even hinted recently that Casillas could be in line for a return to the leading role between the posts.“I have four fantastic goalkeepers and Iker has worked really well these past weeks so I won’t reveal who I’m going to start, it’s the position where I have the most uncertainty,” Conceicao said.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

Read More
CHINESE TAKEAWAY AND INDIAN RESTAURANT SERVED CLOSURE ORDERS

first_imgThe Food Safety Authority of Ireland has served Closure Orders on two Donegal food outlets.The establishments – in Letterkenny and Milford – were two of nine orders served with closure orders nationwide last month.The Indian Royale at Market Centre, Main Street Letterkenny and the Brothers Chinese Takeaway at Lower Main Street in Milford were served with the orders.Prof. Alan Reilly, Chief Executive, FSAI expressed his disappointment at the continuingly high number of Closure Orders needing to be served on food businesses in Ireland. “In October we witnessed the highest monthly number for Enforcement Orders in ten years. Last month unfortunately, we also found very high levels of non-compliance with food safety legislation, which is just not acceptable,” he said.“Again and again, we encounter cases of food businesses who put consumers’ health at risk by not complying with their legal obligations for food safety and hygiene.“There is absolutely no excuse for negligent practices. Food businesses must recognise that the legal onus is on them to make sure that the food they serve is safe to eat. This requires ongoing compliance with food safety and hygiene standards to ensure the food they are producing is safe to eat,” he stated.Prof. Reilly urged food businesses to take full advantage of the information and support provided by the inspectorate and the FSAI to ensure that they have the correct food safety management systems in place. If any food business operator is unsure of what is required of them by law, they can contact the FSAI advice line on 1890 336677 or visit its website www.fsai.ie or facebook page.Details of the food businesses served with these Enforcement Orders are published on the FSAI’s website. Closure Orders and Improvement Orders will remain listed on the website for a period of three months from the date of when a premises is adjudged to have corrected its food safety issue, with Prohibition Orders being listed for a period of one month.The FSAI said the Milford closure order was served on Ming Xiang Chen.The closure order in the Indian restaurant was served on Manjit Singh.CHINESE TAKEAWAY AND INDIAN RESTAURANT SERVED CLOSURE ORDERS was last modified: December 10th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:brothers chinese milfordCHINESE TAKEAWAY AND INDIAN RESTAURANT SERVED CLOSURE ORDERSIndian Royale restaurantlast_img read more

Read More