Lawrence’s comment on alleged child molester candidateAs calls continue to mount for the removal of Social Protection Minister Volda Lawrence over her support of Local Government Elections (LGE) candidate Winston Harding, the Central Executive Committee of the People’s National Congress Reform (PNCR) is expected to discuss the matter today.This is according to leader of the Party, President David Granger. The Head of State had previously noted that he would seek an explanation from the Minister about the process used to select Harding as the party’s candidate for Constituency 13 (East and West Ruimveldt) at the recent local government polls.On Monday, the President reported to media operatives that Lawrence has submitted her explanation which was forwarded to the PNCR’s Central Executive Committee and would be coming up for discussion at today’s meeting.“She has written me and that report was forward to the Central Executive Committee of the party, which will examine it on Wednesday night,” he stated.After his selection as a LGE candidate, it was revealed that Harding had faced several charges of child sexual molestation over the years but was never convicted. However, the Social Protection Minister came under fire after she was reported in the local media as saying that the matter was family related and should not have been handled the way it was.“This is a family issue that has been going on and on and on and on for whatever reason, I can’t tell you because if I had a brother, even if there was an accusation, this is not how I would go about helping him,” she had stated.The Minister’s comment sparked much outrage among rights activists and members of several Non-Government Organisations (NGOs), with them frequently picketing the Ministry of the Presidency.On Tuesday, another such exercise was held where the NGO representatives reiterated their calls for the Head of State to take appropriate action against Minister Lawrence. This time, the Guyanese Organisation of Indigenous Peoples (GOIP) joined Red Thread in picketing the President’s Office.Despite the imbroglio, Harding, on an A Partnership for National Unity/Alliance For Change (APNU/AFC) ticket, was successful in his bid to become a City Councillor at the March 18 LGE.
The third option, option C, is to leave the areas as is and have no connection between the two subdivisions.Kim Henry, one of the property owners, says Option B is very disruptive, as it cuts his property up. He says he would be prepared to sign off on either Option A or C.City Manager Dianne Hunter says the property owners will be part of the process.”If the property owners do not support Option B, there is no Option B.”Advertisement Wanting to see the results of further traffic assessments, council voted to only endorse the plans for Sunset Ridge and West Ridge in principle. City staff will continue to discussion connection option with the property owners.As Garrison Landing is ready to continue, Council voted to endorse the plans for the area. These proposed areas are located in the North West quadrant of Fort St. John, to be built over the next 10-15 years.The sticking point for the developments is a narrow strip of land between Sunset Ridge and West Ridge, currently part of the Peace River Regional District.A physical connection using a full road to allow traffic flow and access to city services is considered desirable, but not mandatory. However, developers are facing difficulties resolving jurisdictional issues.- Advertisement -There are three proposed options for the area.Option A is a straight connection via 112 Street. Properties located outside City limits would need to have a Statuatory Road Right of Way placed on their titles for future road and utilities installation. This option is supported by the City’s technical staff as well as the two property owners affected.Option B instead creates a zig-zag pattern originating further from the proposed park area. Mr. Brar, the developer of Sunset Ridge supports option B, while the developer of West Ridge prefers Option A.Advertisement
…object to Secretariat publishing registrants’ informationOne half of the Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM) has denied that any decision was made by the Commission to publish the list of registrants captured during the recent House-to-House exercise, throwing further uncertainty into the exercise.Robeson BennThe People’s Progressive Party (PPP)-nominated Commissioners Sase Gunraj, Robeson Benn and Bibi Shadick on Wednesday evening said that such a decision was never taken by the full Commission.“We read reports in the press, attributed to Commissioner Charles Corbin, that the Guyana Elections Commission will proceed to publish the entire list of persons registered during the House-to-House (H2H) exercise from Thursday, 24th October, 2019,” the Commissioners said in a statement.Sase Gunraj“These remarks were made to the press immediately after the Statutory Meeting of 22nd October, 2019 and the impression was conveyed that the said disclosure was a decision of the Commission. We were present from the beginning to the end of that GECOM meeting and we wish to emphasise, most vehemently, that no such decision was taken”.According to the Commissioners, they have since informed the Chairperson of GECOM, Retired Justice Claudette Singh, of this misinformation and have requested her intervention. Moreover, they made their objections to the move clear.It was announced on Tuesday that GECOM had completed the encoding process for data gathered from the recent House-to-House exercise and that fingerprints would be sent overseas to be cross-matched.Bibi ShadickIn his engagement with the media after the meeting, Commissioner Corbin had explained that the data gleaned from the encoding process will be put up for public scrutiny from today (Thursday). At the time, however, Gunraj had noted that while the proposal came up for discussion, there had been divisions at the Commission level about this approach.“We discussed the House-to-House data. Specifically, we got back a report from the finger print cross-matching on a part of that data. What we are looking at now is what to do with it. A proposal is to publicise it for public scrutiny, but then to what end?” Gunraj had explained to the media.“My questions at the meeting were, when you post it for public scrutiny, how does one deal with it? Is one allowed to make an objection? Is one allowed to make a claim? Is one allowed to ask questions about entries on that list? Those are questions that have to be answered by the Secretariat. Up to the present time, we have not received any proposal as to how those issues will be treated”.At the same time, Corbin himself had also called for the intervention of the GECOM Chair to steer GECOM in the right direction. He had noted that the time has come for Justice Singh to take a stand on certain matters. He pointed out that this is necessary in order to move the process forward.“I think all the views associated with how to treat with all the data available to us, how to treat with all the transactions that are to be conducted during Claims and Objections, I think they have all been properly ventilated. I think positions have been adopted by all members of the Commission”.“And I think that at this point, from my assessment, it is a question of decisions that have to be made. What has been happening is there has been a repetition of views… as a result of all the information available. So at this point in time, I think the Chairman will have to weigh in with a definitive decision on where to go, because time is slipping. We have until the 11th of next month to complete the process,” Corbin had said.
Durkan gets ready to take the ball as Tyrone go for a goalDONEGAL beat Tyrone in their Ulster championship clash at a windswept and wet Mac Cumhaill Park this afternoon.In an incredible battle which saw Neil Gallagher and Sean Cavanagh both sent off towards the end, Donegal were victors in the end by 1-13 to 1-10.Donegal captain Michael Murphy said afterwards: “That was a tough derby battle and that’s what you expect.” Asked about Justin McNulty’s man-marking of him during the game, he insisted: “That’s what you expect – it’s championship football. It’s no big deal.”And manager Rory Gallagher said it had been a tight battle.“We were hanging on a wee bit at the end,” said Rory.“I am please we won. They are always titanic tussles when you are playing Tyrone.” Asked about the half-time bust-up, he smiled: “It was just two teams heading in.”Donegal had led by just two points at half-time, after coming from behind.After a blistering start Tyrone got a goal before surging ahead.But Martin McElhinney fired home a goal just before the break – and that with a McFadden point – gave Donegal the lead.It was a tough battle in the second half, but captain Michael Murphy hit two superb frees to stretch Donegal’s lead. It’s a win – and Donegal now take on Armagh in the quarter final.DONEGAL BEAT TYRONE IN BATTLE OF MAC CUMHAILL PARK was last modified: May 17th, 2015 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:donegalTyrone
A Derry businessman is trying to get Donegal school buses banned from the North.William Leonard has lobbied the Vice-President of the EU Commission, Transport Commissioner Siim Kallas, saying Donegal bus companies have put him out of business.Nine out of ten school bus contracts with the North’s Western Education Board are with Donegal firms – with more than 50 schools in the Derry area alone using Donegal companies. Mr Leonard claims the education authorities are breaching EU regulations by awarding permanent contracts to companies from a different EU state.He also says that for the bus companies from Donegal to operate within EU laws the service must be cross-Border, temporary and not affect bus companies in the other state – he says he has had to sell buses because he can no longer operate.Now Donegal bus operators fear the EU may tell the North’s DoE to stop Donegal firms operating in the North. That could lead to the loss of dozens of jobs.An EU official warned: “The basic position is that there are no limits on the journeys which transport operators from another Member State may provide once they are in connection with an international service – subject, of course, to compliance with health and safety and social measures. “For regular (essentially scheduled) services, cabotage is only allowed provided the vehicle is running an international journey, and subject to safeguards, for Public Service Obligation (PSO) funded routes and against abuse.“Similarly, ‘occasional’ or ‘special regular’ (e.g. contracted school) international services may carry out cabotage.“For purely, domestic services, Member States may also authorise non-resident operators on a non-discriminatory basis. The Commission thus sees no reason to consider a further market opening – and so no need for an advisory group.”Mr Leonard argues that this interpretation of the cabotage rule means Donegal firms would need to be making an international journey to be allowed to carry out regular or special regular services.DERRYMAN’S BID TO KEEP DONEGAL BUSES OUT OF NORTH was last modified: December 3rd, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalschool buses
SharePrint RelatedWebsite and App Downtime Tuesday, September 11September 4, 2018In “Updates”Geocaching.com Hamsters Go Big TimeNovember 4, 2011In “Community”Geocaching.com and Geocaching App Downtime on Tuesday, April 8April 6, 2014In “Maker Madness” Geocaching.com is upgrading the infrastructure of the website to provide geocachers with increased site performance, security and room to expand. All Groundspeak sites and services including Geocaching.com, the Groundspeak Forums, Pocket Queries, Geocaching Mobile Applications for the iPhone, Windows Phone 7 and Android devices along with other 3rd party applications that utilize our API will be inaccessible during the upgrade process. The outage is schedule to begin Tuesday, December 14th at 8:00pm PST (GMT -8). The site is expected to be down for approximately six hours.We’ll be working hard to minimize the duration of the downtime. The upgrades include a new network design as well as new hardware. This is the most comprehensive infrastructure upgrade in five years.The downtime related to the infrastructure upgrade is scheduled during a time of year and on a day when historically fewer geocachers are accessing Geocaching.com and the Geocaching.com mobile apps. During the upgrade, we’ll be posting progress updates to our Facebook page and Twitter feed.Share with your Friends:More
“If we do nothing, we’ll fall behind the SEC and the Big Ten in terms of [revenue],” Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby told reporters in May at the Big 12 spring meetings in Phoenix. “We may be every bit as competitive as we are today, but we’ll fall behind financially.”There you go.That’s why there will be a Big 12 Championship game in 2017. That’s it. That’s the entire list of reasons.Oh sure, Bowlsby can prop up competitive advantage and data points and statistical models as fronts for why there’s a Big 12 title game (and the impending five-team divisions — which is hilarious).Here he is banging out those data points by the way.“The addition of a football championship game allows for a 13th data point for our teams under consideration for the College Football Playoff,” said Bowlsby.But what really happened is that Bowlsby realized the shortest distance between the Big 12 and the SEC was the straight line to Jerry World and a title game in December 2017. Adding teams is complicated and adding a network is a non-starter. Both of those things could (and probably would) add money to the Big 12. But adding a single game is easier.And adding a single game at the end of the year that puts (allegedly) nearly $30M in your conference’s pockets — $3M per team in addition to the money you’re already making — keeps you somewhat financially competitive with the SEC.Big 12 championship game would bring almost $30 million annually, Bob Bowlsby said. “High 20s,” he said.— George Schroeder (@GeorgeSchroeder) June 3, 2016It’s a short-term solution, to be sure, and that might be all the Big 12 needs right now.I’m not sure how we didn’t see this coming in retrospect. I suppose I wasn’t aware a Big 12 title game was worth $30M. That’s 5x how much the Big 12 gets from placing a team in the College Football Playoff. Five times! The Big 12 gets $6M for making the College Football Playoff and close to $30M (allegedly) for a rematch of a game that’s already been played. Why not make it a three-game series and skip the CFB Playoff altogether?So while it’s ridiculous that OSU and OU would have replayed Bedlam last year a week later for the Big 12 title, it also would have been beneficial to both schools to the tune of $3 million. That’s bigger and better facilities to contend with the SEC and Big 10, more resources for a thriving athletic department and more hoodies for Gundy.Win-win-win? I guess. Until a 12-0 OSU gets housed by 9-3 TCU and misses the playoff.If you’re looking for the comments section, it has moved to our forum, The Chamber. You can go there to comment and holler about these articles, specifically in these threads. You can register for a free account right here and will need one to comment.If you’re wondering why we decided to do this, we wrote about that here. Thank you and cheers!
LINCOLN, NE – NOVEMBER 24: Mascot Lil Red of the Nebraska Cornhuskers walks on the sidelines during the game against the Colorado Buffaloes on November 24, 2006 at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, Nebraska. Nebraska won 37-14. (Photo by Brian Bahr/Getty Images)After a difficult season for the Huskers that ended with a 4-8 record, it should come as little surprise that not many members of the team were invited to the 2019 NFL combine.According to the Omaha World-Herald, wide receiver Stanley Morgan was the only member of the Nebraska football team to get a combine invite.Morgan has led the Huskers in receiving yards in each of the last two years, and had career-highs in 2018.He finished his senior year with 70 receptions for 1,004 receiving yards and seven touchdowns.Record-breaking #Huskers receiver Stanley Morgan catches invite to NFL combine. https://t.co/hL92YdJJ8B— World-Herald Big Red (@OWHbigred) February 7, 2019Morgan had three games with two receiving touchdowns, and the team won all three of those games.He also had two 100-yard performances: A 10-catch, 163 yard performance against Minnesota, and an eight-catch, 131-yard performance against Illinois.NFL.com gave Morgan a 5.50 grade, indicating he has “A chance at becoming an NFL starter.”In his scouting report, NFL.com analyst Lance Zierlein compared Morgan to Buccaneers wide receiver Adam Humphries, who went undrafted in 2015.The scouting report doesn’t bode particularly well for Morgan, but if he surprises people at the NFL combine, could hear his name called at some point.Last year the Huskers had only one player drafted: quarterback Tanner Lee by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the sixth round.
此页面无法正确加载 Google 地图。您是否拥有此网站？确定 NAVSEA, November 22, 2013 Print Close The U.S. Navy’s Supervisor of Salvage and Diving (SUPSALV) participated in an underway oil spill response exercise with USNS Catawba (T-ATF-168) in Bahraini waters, Nov. 6-10.The exercise was held to test the Navy’s capability to respond to an emergent oil spill from a U.S. Navy ship. SUPSALV maintains and regularly exercises salvage and oil spill response equipment stored at bases around the world.“Part of the SUPSALV mission is to provide in theater mission response to 5th Fleet within 48 hours of notification,” said Mike Dean, SUPSALV deputy director. “This training exercised our capabilities to respond to major near-shore and off-shore oil spills.”During the exercise, a deep water oil containment boom with a 5,000 pound mooring system was deployed and recovered to and from Catawba.A skimming system was also utilized as part of the exercise. The system consists of a specially designed inflatable collection mechanism coupled with a hydraulically operated skimmer that pumps collected oil into a containment bladder.Other participants in the exercise were 5th Fleet, the Bahraini Coast Guard and elements from Navy Region Europe, Africa and Southwest Asia.The Office of the Director of Ocean Engineering, Supervisor of Salvage and Diving is part of the Naval Sea Systems Command and is responsible for all aspects of ocean engineering, including diving, salvage, in-water ship repair, towing and heavy lift, and open ocean oil and hazardous material spill response. My location